Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Boston Bruins operate under the cover of darkness



Boston:
The Boston Bruins fired Stanley Cup-winning coach Claude Julien on Tuesday as the team was in danger of missing the playoffs for a third straight season. He was the longest-tenured coach in the NHL. General manager Don Sweeney announced the change on Tuesday, naming assistant Bruce Cassidy the interim coach.

Julien was 419-246-94 in 10 seasons that included two trips to the NHL finals and a Stanley Cup title in 2011. The Bruins lost in the finals two years later, and the year after that earned 117 points and the Presidents’ Trophy before losing in the conference semifinals to archrival Montreal.

Claude Julien said at the time that he had little room for error. “It just means that I’m probably the next one to fall off the totem pole, right?” the former Canadiens and Devils coach said last summer. “I’m going to try to make it last as long as I can.”


Camp Huckins is the most amazing loving and special place on earth. Every single day, I wish I was there again. The girls you meet at huckins will always be your truest friends, and care about you unconditionally. I love Camp Huckins. It is the biggest part of my life, and the source of my greatest happiness!

Boston Bruins' President Cam Neely was dropping off his daughter at Camp Huckins in Freedom, NH just a few summers ago. I was there dropping off some clothing items for one of the counselors. He never got out of the black limousine. I should have known then that Claude Julien wouldn't see the light of day.




The ten years of Claude's reign with the Bruins won't hold the lifetime of memories that the young girls experienced.


Paul Murphy

Follow me on Twitter at @_prmurphy










No comments:

Post a Comment