Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Every picture tells a story, don't it


Heath Nielsen, 47, is free on bond following his arrest earlier this month on a misdemeanor assault warrant stemming from an attack on Nov. 5 in which a sportswriter was grabbed by the throat and pushed away from a player after the Bears’ 62-22 loss to TCU. Nielsen is in his 17th year at Baylor University, works directly with the football program “and is responsible for management of the public image of the program.”

““I was leaning back to take the photo. About that time, they came in and tomahawk-chopped, trying to knock the phone that I had taken the picture with out of my hand. They were unsuccessful in trying to do that, and when they couldn’t do that they came up and they grabbed my throat, and I pulled back. Whenever I looked up, I saw that it was Heath Nielsen.”

Following the rehearsal dinner, it was back to Cambridge for pictures of the wedding party.


Past tense: shooed; make (a person or animal) go away by waving one's arms at them, saying “shoo,” or otherwise acting in a discouraging manner.

My father's mother kept my mother out of the picture because she only wanted a photo of her five children. I don't ever recall my mother visiting the Cambridge residence when we were kids. She wasn't like the hotheaded Sonny Corleone or Heath Nielsen of Baylor. It was Silent Night for my grandmother.


All photos matter.

Paul Murphy

Follow me on Twitter at @_prmurphy





1 comment:

  1. I like it, Paul - and have enjoyed more than a couple of cocktails at the Hampshire House!
    Jed

    ReplyDelete